site.btaUPDATED Manager Magazine Announces Shortlist for Its Annual Awards
Manager magazine announced the short list of nominees for its Manager of the Year 2023 awards at an event in the BTA National Press Club in Sofia Thursday. BTA is a media partner of the competition for a third consecutive year.
BTA Director General Kiril Valchev, who joined the event via online conference from Varna, expressed satisfaction with the partnership between the two media organizations. He said that the messages of the Manager of the Year initiative are very appropriate for the upcoming start of the campaign for the October 29 local elections. "In your magazine one can read good messages about what it takes to be a good manager, in any field. To sum them up, the most important thing in this job is to use your heart if you want to get other people to follow you. And besides inspiring them, it's also important to sometimes infuriate them to get better results," Valchev said.
The shortlisted top ten managers in Bulgaria lead some of the largest companies in this country. They had revenues of BGN 3.9 billion in total and year-on-year revenue growth of 14.8%. Their companies employ a total of 20,133.
The sector with the most representatives among this year's finalists is Transport and Logistics with 2 companies in the top ten.
Manager of the Year
1. Angel Angelov, CEO of Acibadem City Clinic
2. Antonia Sabeva, CEO of Management Financial Group AD
3. Vladimir Daskalov, Manager of Electricity Ltd.
4. Vladimir Nikolov, President of Operations of Fantastico Group Ltd.
5. Ivanka Ivanova, Chief Operating Officer, Member of the Board of Directors of Orbico Bulgaria and Orbico Romania, Orbico Bulgaria Ltd.
6. Nikolay Nikolov, Managing Director of World Transport Overseas Bulgaria Ltd.
7. Nikolay Stanchev, CEO and Chairman of the Management Board of Generali Insurance AD
8. Tunio Zafer, CEO of pCloud
9. Tsvetanka Mincheva, Executive Director of UniCredit Bulbank
10. Julian Hristov, CEO, MagnaPharm Bulgaria EAD
Team of the Year
Business Transformation category
DZI General Insurance
United Bulgarian Bank
In the remaining two new categories, there are no finalists, but the winner is selected directly on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidates in the second stage of the evaluation.