Eurostat

site.btaIn 2022, 85% of Bulgarians Lived in Households Owning Their Home

In 2022, 85% of Bulgarians Lived in Households Owning Their Home
In 2022, 85% of Bulgarians Lived in Households Owning Their Home
A view from downtown Sofia (BTA Photo)

In 2022, 85% of Bulgarians lived in households owning their home, while the remaining 15% rented housing, according to Eurostat data released on Thursday. In 2021, the respective figures were 84.9% and 15.1%.

The highest shares of home ownership were observed in six East European countries: in Romania 95% of the population lived in a household owning their home, Slovakia (93%), Croatia (91%), Hungary (90%), Lithuania (88.6%) and Poland (87.4%), Eurostat said. 

Germany is the only EU country where renting was more usual, with 53% of the population being tenants.

In the EU in 2022, 69% of the population lived in a household owning their home, while the remaining 31% rented housing, according to Eurostat.

/DD/

news.modal.header

news.modal.text

By 03:36 on 27.02.2024 Today`s news

This website uses cookies. By accepting cookies you can enjoy a better experience while browsing pages.

Accept More information