site.btaCouncil of Ministers Decisions
A meeting of the Council of Ministers on Tuesday adopted the following decisions:
- BGN 580 million will be used to renovate educational buildings and facilities in 2024-2026.
- Compensation of non-household consumers and operators of electricity transmission and distribution networks due to high electricity prices will continue until the end of 2023. The Cabinet approved a compensation programme for the period September 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023.
- The state guarantee for new loans for undergraduate and postgraduate students in 2024 will be up to BGN 40 million.
- An additional expenditure of BGN 134,151,000 has been approved in the 2023 Health Ministry budget for the purchase of COVID-19 vaccines.
- The Cabinet passed a Decree approving additional expenditure to the Ministry of Finance budget for 2023, amounting to BGN 25 million, to increase the salaries of employees in the National Revenue Agency and the National Customs Agency.