site.btaToday's Observances: March 28
On this date in Bulgarian history:
1921: Association of the Bulgarian Blind is established in Sofia (renamed Union of the Blind in Bulgaria in August 1946).
1973: During forcible name change of Bulgarian Muslims, some 500 Interior Ministry officers are sent to Village of Kornitsa (Blagoevgrad Region, Southwestern Bulgaria), meeting with strong resistance from local people. Five are killed and 80 are wounded in clashes, 12 are imprisoned and 300 are resettled.
1995: Business Club of the German Economy (AKDW) is set up, to be succeeded by German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce on March 9, 2004.
1997: Bulgarian Judges Association is established.
2012: Council of Ministers adopts decision on abandoning project for construction of nuclear power plant at Belene (on the Danube, Northwestern Bulgaria). On March 29, 2012, Parliament backs government's decision.