Croatian Footballer Luka Modric Named Balkan Athlete of the Year in BTA Poll
ESD 13:01:31 27-12-2018
105 SPORTS - BALKAN ATHLETE OF THE YEAR 2018
Croatian Football Player
Luka Modric Named
Balkan Athlete of the Year in BTA Poll
Sofia, December 27 (BTA) - Croatian football player Luka Modric was named Balkan Athlete of the Year 2018 in the 46th edition of the poll of the Bulgarian News Agency (BTA).
The poll was taken among national news agencies in the Balkans: Agerpres (Romania), Anatolian Agency (Turkey), ANA-MPA (Greece), FENA (Bosnia and Herzegovina), HINA (Croatia), MIA (Macedonia), MINA (Montenegro), Tanjug (Serbia) and BTA (Bulgaria).
The top ten Balkan athletes were ranked as follows:
1. Luka Modric, Croatia (football) 75 points.
2. Novak Djokovic, Serbia (tennis) 72 pts.
3. Simona Halep, Romania (tennis) 65 pts.
4. Eleftherios Petrounias, Greece (artistic gymnastics) 46 pts.
5. Marin Cilic, Croatia (tennis) 36 pts.
6. Sandra Perkovic, Croatia (discus throw) 33 pts.
7. Tijana Boskovic, Serbia (volleyball) 25 pts.
8. Taybe Yusein, Bulgaria (wrestling) 20 pts.
9. Ramil Guliyev, Turkey (sprint running) 18 pts.
10. Katerina Stefanidi, Greece (pole vault) 15 pts.